Monday, September 7, 2009

Immediately

I'm trying to read the book of Mark. I'm going slow. Trying to be open to the Spirit and see the little things.

Well I'm still in chapter 1...but here's what God's been showing me :)

- v. 15b - Repent, and believe in the good news. All too often I take my life back into my own hands relying on my talents, abilities, and my own strength. But that's not the life Jesus has invited me to. A life following him is a life of putting my trust in him for the big things and the little things alike. It's a life of activity not just of thought. And this life he's calling me to is good. He is good. Even when it doesn't feel good!

- v.18 - Immediately. It's an amazing word that paints a distinct image in my mind. It's used often in the Old and New Testaments (as I just looked it up on Biblegateway.com). Immediately... its obviously another action word. But this word can be a reaction as well.

I want to be like Simon Peter and Andrew who immediately left their fishing nets and followed Jesus. I want to follow Him like that. I don't want to depend on my own understanding and reason but believe Him so much that I will immediately leave and go where He calls. Oh help my unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment