Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stolen Shorts

There are many things I love about living in Small Town, Virginia. I love that I can walk to grocery store and Sonic. I love that so many people live in houses built in the 1950s and earlier. And I love that people still hang their clothes on a line in the back yard.

Since moving to this house, I've taken full advantage of line drying some of my clothes -- jeans, causal shirts, etc. I really enjoyed it until two days ago.

I had done a small load of laundry, put my t-shirts and such in the drier and then hung out a couple pairs of shorts. One of these were some Nike athletic shorts.

But when I went back out later that afternoon to take my now dry clothes down something was missing. Yeah, my Nike shorts!

I looked around the yard hoping they had just blown off in a freak gust of wind. No such luck. Then my mind started racing coming up with all possibilities of who could have stolen them...another trick being played by high school girls? Maybe the cross country team? They do run the alley behind the house regularly. What about those boys I saw riding their bikes the other day??

I stayed mad until Husband mentioned it might be squirrels. Apparently they do things like that.

If I choose to blame it on high school kids I know I'll stay mad for awhile. So I'm choosing to blame it on the playful squirrels :)

I might not have my shorts back but at least I'm not scowling at every high school kid I see!

No comments:

Post a Comment