Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Learning to say Goodbye

She arrived in my life around Christmas three years ago. Back then she was so full of life and energy. And for three years she's been a constant companion.

But a couple of weeks ago I began noticing something strange. She just wasn't acting right anymore. I was in denial. I kept hope that the signs weren't real. But despite my wishful thinking, they were...so here's the truth. My precious phone is dying.

And while she loves to run away and hide from me, she's never lost a number or refused a call. She's been a most excellent travel companion. But our days together are coming to an end.

Her energy is always low. She just can't keep a charge. And pass-outs have become frequent in the recent weeks. And this morning, my faithful wake-up call didn't sound. She had died in the night (don't be too worried, I was able to revive her!).

I've begun wading through the grieving process. Fear of loosing numbers and having to begin a new relationship with a new phone often overcomes. But I am going to move forward and celebrate her life while she is still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment